The process of reducing the carbon footprint of digital technology involves the company at all levels (management, purchasing, IT, CSR, employees, etc.). Several impact factors are perfectly accessible to the company to reduce its impact. To implement them, organizations must answer several questions:
- How to measure the current footprint?
- Is there a process for handling equipment at the end of ownership in the same way as for the procurement process?
- What is the manufacturing carbon footprint of the different models of equipment we order?
- How to find offers of reconditioned equipment that correspond to our business needs?
- How do the reparability indices impact the calculation of our carbon footprint?
- How is the responsible purchasing policy for the digital sector structured?
- What indicators should we use to monitor our trajectory?
Saaswedo allows you to measure your company’s current digital carbon footprint, simulate the effects of a new management policy, and track progress as part of a performance plan.
Depending on the company’s initial situation, a carbon performance plan generates a reduction in the digital carbon footprint of between 20% and 60%. The carbon savings achieved are mechanically accompanied by significant budget savings.